Friday

Liposuction - Stomach - by Dr Arthur (Medan)

Note: below post is written for surgery in 2012.  From 2013 onwards, Doc Arthur method of charging has changed and price have gone super high since then.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Went for my second liposuction on 2 Feb 2012. Same place, Medan, Elixir de vie, dr arthur tjandra.

The first liposuction of thighs done in dec 2011 went fine.   Area around the knees looks better now and upper thigh, although not skinny enough to see the inner thigh gap, the entire silhouette of thigh has a marked improvement.

Pricing of tummy liposuction done by dr arthur isnt cheap. It is expensive compared to thailand rates. About the same as SGH (Singapore general hospital).  Why do I go back?  Because

1. Cos there are still fat areas to lose of course.
2. Result from thigh is within expectation.  His skills similar to that senior plastic consultants in SGH.
3. Doc Arthur uses sedation (dormicum) and not GA. GA gives more post op trauma.
4. Doc Arthur is a rather transparent character. Loud, narcisstic and kiam siap. But he doesnt hide it.

Most of the stuff said about Medan would have been in my earlier blog.





Above is dr arthurs living room. rather spacious, seats are big and soft but somehow not super comfy to sit in. maybe cos after liposuction too much in pain to appreciate soft sofas. lol.

Above are fruits on the dining table for patients.. free one.. fake one also. LOL. 

All fruits are kept in the fridge.  i think his fridge only has inexhaustible supply of eggs and fruits. Previously there were chow forummers and bloggers who say you can eat alot things in his clinic apartment. All lies. You wouldnt see instant noodles. oat meal etc in the cabinets.

Arrived at the clinic in the morning. Procedure was exactly the same as previous thigh liposuction. Nurse would ask you to shower... wait around for doctor... and the dreaded needles.

Told him that i vomit easily, like a merlion.. the previous surgery he DID put anti vomit cocktail into my blood before the liquid tramadol.  This time round he hadnt. He thought it was psychological and that I was lying.  However, shortly after the tramadol was injected into the veins, the smell of it comes up quickly through your nostrils. Less than 30 seconds after injection, i puked.  I glared at him. The thought of it still makes me cringe. 

So, die die, ask for anti vomit injection before all other injections, even if need pay more just release that bit of dough.

Thereafter, I rested and have the nurse have me take some pre-op photos.



 My pre op stomach is machiam like duno how many weeks pregnant although ive never had kids.  looks like a goldfish stomach. have no idea how much i ate over the years.

anyhow... waited for about another 30 minutes after the tramadol injection before i was finally asked to the OT for  my surgery.

Dormicum does not put one into deep sleep like GA does. I was told by the nurses that I actually fought with the doctor while being sedated. lol.

After surgery was over, I was awake earlier than I should.  They told me to sleep so I closed my eyes. After half an hour, freaking bored, so I tore out all the heart beat electrodes like wolverine/frankenstein in rage and stumble my way up the staircase i named "mount everest"


I laid on the bed in the room that was assigned to me. And fell asleep again. The guestroom bed is much cosier and warmer than the OT bed.  OT area also has sterilising liquid smell.  On the first night of surgery... you'd always be give.. "PORRIDGE".   Medan porridge tastes not bad actually.

On the second day i woke up with stomach stiff.  It was nothing traumatising like thigh liposuction.
Was rather fresh and could chat away with other patients.


this is the chicken noodles soup in the menu. Ordered for breakfast as i was rather tired of eating porridge.  Its weird. The soup is more sweet than savoury.  Noodles is a cross between instant noodles and wanton mee.

Food that I'd recommend to order from the menu list: Herbal chicken soup with horfun, fried kway teow (dont get the seafood with gravy type, it taste horrible), fried bee hoon and fish porridge.

After my breakfast, i went for the post lipo massage.  Nurses sumantri and suman were good.  Dr arthur's maid tasia also nice (cant speak english though). I'd say, the attention they give is bettter than some of those SGH nurses I've come in contact with as a patient in P ward of SGH. 

I rather like what I see in the mirror.


Flat.  Within expectation.  My first tummy lipo was done in sgh by prof foo CL. super love the results back then but i ate too much and gotten fat.  (Note: Im not pleased with Foo on other procedures, so dont use my blog as consideration if you want to go to him for other surgeries).

This second lipo by Dr Arthur is within expectation.  King Arthur had to fight through the scar tissues from previous lipo to make sure no internal bleeding, no hole puncture. We do not want accidents like that property ceo franklin whom died from lipo by some useless GP.

The above taken one day after surgery.  got all the weird colorings because i was allergic to the wound tapes.



The above is taken 3 weeks after liposuction in medan.  Image is dark because Im using my mirror to shoot this picture and using flash will totally not able to see at all.   Can see that thigh has a much more decent shape and tummy not pregnant looking. 

Is it money well spent? Well Im a scrooge, I've never splurged on a LV or prada. But I like the results. King Arthur can deliver. (sounds like some ad jingle)



21 comments:

  1. Hi! thanks for the details.. i am looking to slim my arms.. but it kinda scares me when u said damn pain.. my threshold are really really low.. the pain is unbearable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arm not pain .. can do almost everything except yawn stretch. thigh pain. calves i heard pain also but ive never done it. thank u for reading

      Delete
  2. hi. im interested in doing my thighs. could u email me your recent pic of thighs?
    do u experience loose skin? Thanks zoratrading@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will try to take pics for u.
      yes i do have loose skin but its the top of the inner thigh between the vagina area.
      normal though. all docs not able to do too much abt the area.
      after op i join gym.. now doing stretching exercises alot.
      u can email me : madaboutplastic@yahoo.com.sg

      btw... if u want pics of patients post surgery, can add arthur tjandra on facebook.
      i be doing another plastic with another doc... watch out for the post.....

      Delete
  3. hey, post more pics of your after operation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent blog very nice and unique information related to liposucción thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello madabout, Thanks for this valuable post. I like your post. Liposuction removes fat from body with using suction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. liposuction malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great information found here, I really like your blog. Thanks very much for the share. Keep posting.
    Liposuction Jakarta

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you’re interested in removing excess fat from your body then liposuction surgery in India is the best and affordable treatment for you. At Soni Plastic Surgery and Hair Transplant Centre, we provide 100% natural results which are reliable and permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, great article, Liposuction of the Outer thighs and Hips is an easy and painless way to remove fat from outer area of the buttock and so achieve this younger and more attractive look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, This is really great information found here, I really like your blog. Thanks very much for the share. Keep posting.
    For more details : Buttocks Liposuction india

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you are looking for Liposuction in Delhi come to MedSpa. Dr. Ajaya Kashyap India's best plastic surgeon help you to make you understand all thing about Liposuction surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks breast implants in DET

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. full body liposuction prices

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sildenafil citrate 100mg in this prescription starts to work at the PDE-5 protein and restrains its creation.
    Sildenafil Jelly For Men

    ReplyDelete